We Believe in:
1. The Bible as the fully and divinely inspired Word of God, of which the Holy Spirit is the sole interpreter. It is infallible, authoritative, and sufficient in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. The unity, sovereignty and grace of the Godhead existing in co-equality as the Trinity; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
3. The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His real and perfect manhood; His sin less life; the authority of His teaching and the infallibility of all His utterances; His atonement for sinners by His substitutionary sufferings and death; His bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven; and His present priestly intercession for His people at the right hand of the Father.
4. The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject to God's wrath and condemnation, and the necessity for regeneration.
5. The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
6. The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, crucified and risen from the dead, to all who truly repent and in believing accept Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
7. The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion and sanctification of every believer and to mediate all-sufficient grace in life, witness, worship and service.
8. The priesthood of all believers, who form the Universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world. The local church is the expression of the Universal Church and fellowship between such churches manifests the unity of the body of Christ.
9. The ordinances of Baptism by immersion for believers and the Lord's Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. The imperative duty of all who believe in Jesus Christ to adorn His doctrine by denying ungodliness and worldly lusts and by living soberly and righteously in a Godly manner in this present world.
11. The personal, imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
12. The resurrection of the dead, the judgment of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, with the eternal blessing of happiness for the righteous, and the eternal punishment of the unrighteous who will be separated from God.
As members of the Baptist Union of Great Britain we also subscribe to the following:
BAPTIST DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLE